Take a moment to think about what’s just happened in the last 6 months.
- Facebook allows images in comments.
- Instagram allows videos.
- Twitter allows video through Vine.
- Podcasting is back in a very big way.
- LinkedIn rolls out video ads.
- Google+ Hangouts integrate YouTube, Slideshare, and many other media types.
Think about how many different kinds of content these changes encompass. Video. Audio. Images. Text.
The advertising, public relations, digital marketing agency of the future will have a library, a digital repository of content that’s ready to go at a moment’s notice, and the associated creative team to help build and maintain it. Forward-thinking agencies already do. This library will be the equivalent of a stock photo repository, a stock video repository, a stock audio repository, and will be available to account staff so that when they’re representing clients in digital media, they have a wealth of materials to draw from.